Health Insurance Marketplace
The Marketplace helps uninsured people get health coverage. Generally, you can buy a Marketplace health plan only during the yearly Open Enrollment period.
Key Dates to Remember:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts for 2017
- December 15, 2016: If you want to change plans, act by December 15, so your new coverage starts January 1.
- December 31, 2016: Coverage ends for 2016 Marketplace plans
- January 1, 2017: Coverage can begin for 2017 Marketplace plans
- January 31, 2017: Open enrollment ends
- Sign up to get emails or texts with the latest news and reminders of important dates.
- If you have Marketplace Coverage now, review your application at Healthcare.gov to make sure it’s up-to-date and report any life changes.
- If you don’t have Marketplace coverage now, create an account and see what coverage or help with costs you may qualify for.
- Apply and enroll in health coverage.
Did You Experience a Life Change?
You can still get 2016 Health Coverage if you got married, had a baby, lost other coverage or moved. To see if you qualify visit www.healthcare.gov