School nursing services are based on the public health model of school nursing, designed to improve the health of the whole school community, with additional services dedicated to vulnerable groups, such as the uninsured and those living in poverty. Registered nurses provide the school nursing care to Tillamook County Schools. Our school nurses are in an ideal position to identify and address the health needs of this target population.
Primary services of school nurses are:
- Health screening and subsequent connection to necessary medical and dental services
- Consultation and training to school staff for students with complex medical needs
- Education for school staff including medication administration, epinephrine and glucagon certification programs
- Communicable disease surveillance and control
- Health promotion and education
- Case management for students with complex health conditions
The school nurse supports student success by providing health care assessment, intervention, and follow up for all children within the school setting.
Robin Watts, 503-842-3928
Christina Sheppard, 503-842-3912
Cerisa Albrechtsen, 503-842-3941